For the chocolate cupcakes:
- Preheat your oven to 180 C. Line your muffins tins with 16 paper liners. And put aside.
- Whisk the ingredients in a mixing bowl until combined – flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and sugars.
- Then slowly add the olive oil, water and vanilla.
- Whisky all these ingredients until the batter is well combined.
- Drizzle the apple cider vinegar – the vinegar will react with your batter, making it light and frothy.
- Pour the mixture into your cupcake tins.
- Bake for 21 minutes and set aside to rest and cool down before icing.
For the peanut butter chocolate buttercream:
- Melt the chocolate. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the sugar, cocoa powder, softened butter and peanut butter until the mixture is combined.
- Then beat until the mixture is light and fluffy for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the chocolate, vanilla, milk and salt. Mix again.
- Once your cupcakes are cooled down, fill a pipping bag with your Peanut Butter Icing to decorate.