Competition Terms & Conditions
- The Whitworths November contests are open to all legal residents in the United Kingdom who (1) are over the age of 16 at the time of entry (2) have Internet access, and (3) have a valid and active Twitter account. Employees of Napier Brown – a division of Renshawnapier Ltd (the “Promoter”), its respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies and their respective immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win.
- By taking part in the November contests all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Twitter, and that Twitter has no liability for any element of this Promotion.
- By participating in the contest and/or accepting a prize, to the maximum extent permissible by law, you the entrant hereby release Twitter and the Promoter and its managers, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, the Promoter’s advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all claims, damages, losses or liabilities whatsoever arising from or in connection with the competition and, if declared a winner, the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of a prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
- To enter, participants must follow @WhitworthsSugar on Twitter.
- No purchase necessary.
- Three individual contests will run with three overall winners.
The winner of Cake International Ticket Giveaway will be chosen at random from the eligible entries and will win 2 tickets to the Cake International Show at the Birmingham NEC on Saturday 8th November. Travel and accommodation are not included. It is the responsibility of the winner to make their own way to the Birmingham NEC and arrange any overnight accommodation as necessary.
The winner of #CakeOff competition will be chosen by a public Twitter vote from a top 5 list and will win a Morphy Richards Accents 400006 Stand Mixer. The top 5 will be chosen by Whitworths Sugar’s team from all eligible entries. Each of the Top 5 will be Tweeted on Monday 17th November. To vote for an entry the Twitter users must ReTweet the Whitworths Sugar Tweet. The Tweet with the most ReTweets at 10am on Friday 21st November will be declared the winner.
The winner of Follow and RT Twitter competition will be chosen at random from the eligible entries and will win a Kirsty Allsop Cupcake Kit.
- The opening and closing dates for the contests are:
Cake International Ticket Giveaway – 09.30 Monday 3rd November to 12.00 Wednesday 5th November
#CakeOff Entry – 09.30 10th November to 20.00 14th November
#CakeOff Public Vote – 09.30 17th November to 10.00 21st November
Follow and RT – 09.30 24th November to 10.00 28th November
- All photo submissions are a declaration that the participant took the photo and owns all the rights to it.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or illegible entries. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed. No responsibility will be taken for technical, telecommunication or website error, proof of entry is not proof of receipt
- The winners of the contests will be notified on Twitter on the Friday of the competition closing.
- The winner(s) have 24 hours to get in touch regarding their prize to be entitled to it.